Abstract Submission and Instructions
1) Abstracts should be submitted via Web site.
2) Abstracts are to be written in English. Your file must be virus free. So you are kindly requested to scan the file with a recently upgraded antivirus utility.
3) Abstracts must be typed single spaced. The format should be as follows:
- Prepare your abstract as a Microsoft Word document. Use Times New Roman, font size 12, maximum 350 words for the body abstract.
- Commencing at the upper-most, left-hand corner, type the entire title in capital letters and bold.
- Type the authors' first names as initials only in capital letters, followed by the last (family) name in upper and lower case letters. The name of the author who is to present the abstract should be listed first in order and underlined. After the authors, continue on a new line and type the address of the laboratory at which the work was conducted.
- On a new line, start the body of the abstract which must contain the following:
- Objectives: A brief statement on the nature of the research problem and the objectives of the work to be presented.
- Methods: Methods used including: type and number of subjects or animals studied; sleep-activity or light-dark synchronizer schedule in animal studies; meal time(s) or food availability, stage of estral or menstrual cycle, time of treatments and times of sampling/sampling interval and sampling duration where appropriate.
- Results: Include statistical analysis of the data (method used and level of significance).
- Conclusions: Major findings must be clearly stated and their implications summarized.
- Five Keywords must pertain to the topic presented.
4) Only standard abbreviations are allowed.
5) Deadline Abstract Submission: All abstracts must be submitted before January 31st, 2007.
6) Decisions of the Scientific Committee : All abstracts will be peer reviewed by specialists in their area of research and decisions will be communicated one month after submission. They may be returned to authors for revisions before being accepted for presentation at the Meeting. Authors are requested to include their office telephone, fax numbers and e-mails.
Please note that accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book only if the presenting author is a registered participant at the Congress.
Posters should be mounted onto the labelled boards of the poster
area on the first day of meeting at 08:30 a.m until the closing of meeting.
It will be necessary for the authors to be present in the poster area
during the hours noted in the program. Two interactive poster sessions
are scheduled for March 24th and 27th at 18:30. The poster should
be 85 cm in width and 100 cm in height (portrait).
Format of Free Communication Sessions Abstracts selected by the Scientific Committee will be given as oral presentations. Allotted time for oral presentations is 10 minutes including Aims, Methods, Results and Discussion of their study. Slide and LCD projectors will be provided.
Please read the instructions carefully then Submit your Abstract.